No cords, no hard-drives to backup or software updates to install, no batteries to charge. In the midst of this high-tech world, we find something wonderful about paper planners. Simply open the cover and you have access to everything you need, every time, guaranteed. As the years pass, there are no required upgrades or renewals, you can slide past planners onto a shelf or into a keepsake box and forever have access to the events and memories of all your years.
As we upgrade our phones and back-up our computers we bask in the simple beauty of putting pen to paper, with the added bonus that writing is scientifically proven to help us remember more.
German brand Leuchtturm 1917 makes outstanding planners that are high quality, versatile and a joy to own. With that being said, here is a list of the top 10 reasons why we think you should use a Leuchtturm planner in 2015, enjoy!
1. Quality. Their motto says it all, “details make all the difference”. Leuchtturm has designed their notebooks with careful consideration, from the strong cover that is easily cleaned, the thread bound binding to all of the little extras (think, a rainbow of colors, styles and stickers…yes, stickers).
2. Selection. Planners come in both daily and weekly formats and in 4 different layouts;
- horizontal – week over two pages Monday – Wednesday on the left page, and Thursday – Sunday on the right page
- vertical – week over two pages one vertical column for each weekday and one column for the weekend
- verso – 7 days on the left page, full page for notes on the right page
- daily – an entire page for each working day
3. Sizes. Leuchtturm offers three sizes (master, large and pocket) in both daily and weekly formats and all 4 of the layouts.
4. Colors. Life is colorful; your planner should be too. These planners are available in up to 16 colors.
5. Paper quality. The beautiful, muted white paper is both acid free (so your writing won’t fade years from now) and bleed free.
6. Perforated pages. Ever needed to write something down and give it to someone, but hate ruining the paper in your planner? Leuchtturm provides 8 perforated pages in the back that allow you to remove notes without damaging your planner.
7. Pagination. A unique trait of notebooks and planners by Leuchtturm is their pagination. The planner pages are marked by the week of the year, another great way to keep track of time.
8. Stickers. Provided to help you customize, organize and archive a year of activities, lists and memories. They are designed to label the spine and front cover of your planner. And who doesn’t love stickers?
9. Pocket. Receipts, business cards, coupons; even in this high-tech world we still manage to end up with loose paper. The sturdy folder on the inside of each planner’s back cover provides the perfect place to make sure you don’t misplace any of them.
10. Page marker. A ribbon page marker makes finding your week simple, plus they’re pretty.