Paperblanks Sacred Tibetan Textiles, Mandala Midi 5 x 7 Journal
The Scared Tibetan Textiles are fabrics that come straight from the Kasim Silk Emporium and are authentic expression of their cultural heritage. For centuries in Varanasi, the Kasim family has been practicing the art of handweaving silks to create cloth and vestments for sacred rituals. These beautiful designs are created for Buddhist monasteries and the Dalai Lama. The weavers have designed the path to enlightenment, both in the Eight Auspicious Symbols of Buddhism represnted by the pattern and in the colours selected. The brocade fabrics are expression of faith, artistic traditions and spirituality. With the Sacred Tibetan Textiles series, we pay homage to the rich heritage of Indian silk handweaving and to the devoted craftspeople who continue this art form today.
- Hard Cover, 5 x 7 Inch (13 x 18 cm)
- 144 lined or blank paper
- Heavy quality 120 gsm paper
- Lined acid free sustainable forest paper
- Smythe-sewn binding-book opens flat.
- Elastic closure
- Memento pouch on the inside back cover
- Ribbon page marker
- ISBN Lined: 9781439752814
- ISBN Blank: 9781439752821