Olena's Garden, Moonlight Mini 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" Journal
Olena Skytsiuk is one the most prominent practitioners of Ukrainian Petrykivka painting, a folk art technique using special brushes crafted from cat hairs to create a visual effect or artwork. The style was originated in the village of Petrykivka in the 17th century and is now recognized by UNESCO as part of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. Olena is one of the few artists maintaining and practicing this ornamental folk art tradition.
Each design, tiny brush stokes create a kaleidoscopic range of landscapes and floral scenes. The original paintings were used to decorate household objects and surfaces and were often displayed against white background. Today's Petrykivka artists work on 4 different backgrounds; black, green, blue and red.
- Hard Cover 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inch
- 176 lined or blank pages, 85 gsm
- Acid-free sustainable forest paper
- Smythe-sewn binding - book opens flat.
- Elastic band closure
- Memento pouch on the inside back cover
- Ribbon marker
- ISBN Lined paper: 9781439746202
- ISBN Blank paper: 9781439746219