Paperblanks Arabic Artistry, Zahra Midi 5 x 7Inch Journal
The Zahra cover design of the Paperblanks Arabic Artistry Journals is a 17th century example of the highly refined design aesthetic of the Arabic Royal Court. The Arabic Artistry Zahra design is inspired by a binding that once contained a precious copy of the Koran.
Today, the binding is held in the Museum Kunstpalast in Dusseldorf, Germany. Originally owned by Dr. Franz Joseph Back (1823-1899), an art historian, clergyman and major book collector.
This Zahra binding, so called for its Arabic denotation of flower, blossom and beauty, is characteristic of an era when books were precious items and not as easy to come by. They were presented as treasured gifts to heads of state and were much sought after as status symbols.
- Embossed, printed and foil stamped hard cover 5 x 7 Inch (13 x 18 cm)
- 144 pages, 120 gsm
- Lined or Blank acid-free sustainable forest paper
- Smythe-sewn binding - notebook opens flat
- Ribbon page marker
- Gusseted, memento pouch on the inside back cover
- ISBN Lined: 9781439755907
- ISBN Blank: 9781439755914